Silver Diamine Fluoride
Advantage Arrest™ Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF)
Advantage Arrest is an FDA-approved topical solution that treats and prevents dental caries and reduces tooth sensitivity. It is made with two acting ingredients: the silver component is an anti-microbial agent that kills bacteria and prevents the formation of new biofilm, and the fluoride prevents further demineralization (softening) of the tooth structure.
Advantage Arrest is a simple and noninvasive way to treat carious lesions (cavities), and it can be done from the comfort of our Bonney Lake, WA dental office.
- The teeth are brushed without paste and rinsed.
- The carious teeth are isolated, kept dry, and all excess debris is removed.
- A microbrush is dipped in a drop of SDF and placed on the lesion(s) for two minutes.
- Excess SDF is removed and patients are instructed to not eat or drink for one hour.
The Advantages of Advantage Arrest:
- Provides immediate relief from tooth hypersensitivity
- Kills the organisms that cause cavities
- Hardens softened dentin making it more acid and abrasion resistant
- Does not stain sound dentin or enamel